The algebraic fact that x^3 + y^3 = (x+y)(x^2-xy+y^2) can easily be demonstrated by using these set of 3d blocks.
The big ideas covered are:
(1) If the area of a polygon is (x^2-xy+y^2) square units, then, when extended (or extruded) for (x+y) units in the 3rd dimension that is HEIGHT, the resulting solid has a volume of (x+y)(x^2-xy+y^2);
(2) the four solids x^2(x-y), xy(x-y), xy^2, and y^3 can be arranged into two cubes: x^3 and y^3, as shown in the pictures. Note that the term (-xy) is represented by the missing piece at the bottom.
A box is also included for help with the arrangement of the blocks for the (x^2-xy+y^2) base. The height of the box is (x + y).
Ajman FET offers Resources for Self Learners- Unschoolers- Homeschoolers.
Inspiration, Motivation for Self Learners,Makers, Tinerers & Resources for Discovery (Maker centered) based Learning Right here in Ajman
- Refundable Deposit of AED 200 is to be made. We will deduct the Rent and Refund the money to you.
- Rent will be calculated from 1) Handing over the Model to you or Courier in Person, till the time the model is Delivered back. One day : 24 Hours +/- 4 Hours.
- The Cost here is For Renting the Model for A Day. Collect from and return to Ajman Shop yourself . Collection is Free. We encourage you to get it collected from our Ajman shop
or We ship to you at extra AED 30 Dirhams and you ship it back at Own cost.